Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 237

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #3 Cover. 2013.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board with digital color, 11 × 17″.

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #3 doesn't hit stands until the 25th, but I'll be on blogging break by then (hopefully you won't forget to pick it up without my constant nagging). My contribution to this cover was completely digital, the only original artwork being my Dad's inks. I did about 3 covers in this manner while I was between studios. To be completely honest, we probably could have used my digital inks in the final, but I like having some kind of physical art.

Hour Tally:

layouts: 1.5
digital sketch: 4
digital pencils: 6
inks: you'd have to ask my Dad
digital color: 2



RAAAAAWR










inks by my Pops
blue-line print of "pencils"






















digital "pencils"
digital sketch


















digital layout


4 comments :

  1. Wow great work! It is really inspirational to see your methods. Makes me want to run to my drafting table and start working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the inks, but honestly, your digital "pencils" are good enough that if you had to go straight to color, most publishers would consider it fine. Great job as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we definitely could've gotten away with it. It's hard to hold back when I'm drawing digitally. It's a lot like inking.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.