Daredevil #21 Cover

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Daredevil #21 Cover. 2012. Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on Marvel board, 11 × 17.25″.

This is the latest Daredevil cover to be revealed, the last in the 4-part Coyote arc. Skulls are always fun to draw, and a Coyote skull is no exception. Couple that with the recurring theme of blood and you've got yourself one creepy cover. I am a huge fan of José Guadalupe Posada, but his influence rarely shows up in my work. This series of covers was a chance to reference his style and Day of the Dead imagery in general.

In other news, we've been doing tons of covers (including my first for a non-Marvel publisher since 2004). That's all been great, but I'm running a little behind on commissions (and email). Still, we're managing to make progress on the book of commissions, so I'm crossing my fingers we'll have it ready for New York Comic Con.

3 comments :

  1. This one is cool!! If I were be able to come and visit the New York Comic Con, I will be there. Good luck with your team. This is really fun, sounds cool and very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Rivera-drawn and inked cover to a Samnee drawn-and-inked comic is like chocolate and peanut butter mixed together.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.