The Twelve: Spearhead (and Beyond)

Sunday, February 28, 2010


The Twelve #9 Cover (raw scan detail). 2008. Acryla Gouache
and gouache on bristol board, 11 x 17". Original Art.



For those of you who have been wondering about the status of The Twelve, I have some good news. As for those you who haven't been wondering... well... I'm sorry. I have nothing to offer you today.

In an interview with Newsarama, J. Michael Straczynski hinted that their may be an announcement regarding the series this month. I painted a total of eleven covers in all, one of which was recently reappropriated for a one-shot, The Twelve: Spearhead, written by the series' artist, Chris Weston. I haven't heard whether or not I'll be doing another cover, let alone two, but a boy can hope. I really enjoyed the characters and story, so I'd love to get another crack at them.

In the meantime, you can check out the prequel issue, which comes out later this month.



The Twelve: Spearhead, Cover (originally The Twelve #10). 2008.
Acryla Gouache and gouache on bristol board, 11 x 17".
Original Art.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.