Young Allies Studies—Work in Progress

Thursday, February 18, 2010


Young Allies Studies (Bucky detail). 2009. Pencil,
ink, and watercolor on bristol board, 11 x 17.25".


More unfinished business! This time I've got some studies from my Young Allies issue, starring Bucky as the new Captain America. I've presented some of these sketches before, but this is the whole page as is. I can't wait to finish the Cap shooting sketch, but who knows when that will happen...

In the meantime, I'm almost done penciling my third issue of Spidey, leaving just one more to do before I move on to inking and coloring the series. Have a great weekend!



Young Allies Studies (unfinished). 2009. Pencil,
ink, and watercolor on bristol board, 11 x 17.25".

5 comments :

  1. Nice work Paolo - the broader character types of the Allies special really showed off your cartooning skills while the whole thing was set in an utterly believable world.

    Kudos!

    And best of luck and much success on your next Spidey run. Really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always very nice colors and lines. Really would like to see that Cap finish. Very dope!

    I would like to invite you to visit my new blog, http://diggys-daily.tumblr.com/ also.

    Looking forward to seeing the new Spider Man pages!

    Peace,

    Ron Ackins

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! Will this piece ever be for sale!! I want it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ron. The blog looks great so far. Keep up the good work.


    Tim, the page will definitely be up for sale when it's done... but who knows when that'll happen. Glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.