Wolverine Studies—Work in Progress

Thursday, February 11, 2010


Wolverine Character Studies (unfinished, detail). 2009.
Pencil, ink, and watercolor on bristol board, 11 x 17".


I have yet more artwork hanging around the studio, waiting to be finished. These studies were done during my work on Amazing Spider-Man: Extra! #2. As usual, I had a tight deadline and never got around to inking and coloring everything. Such is life.

Things are still pretty busy around here, but I definitely have plenty to show for it (just not on the blog). I've even had to turn down some (sweet) projects to ensure I'll hit my June deadline (even still, it's not going to be easy). That being said, the work's going great and I think it's going to be a good read. A nice side effect of working so much is that I've gotten better at drawing. Yesterday, I had to trace a figure I did in October for a repeated panel; I couldn't help but see what was wrong with it and, more importantly, how to fix it. Fortunately, I'm penciling all four issues first, so I'll be able to unify the book during the inking stage.

Have a lovely weekend.


7 comments :

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.